Preparing for your First Physical Therapy Appointment
What to expect:
- Prepare to be seen for your PT appointment for 45-60 minutes each session. The first visit will most likely be longer because of the examination and paperwork.
- Wear comfortable clothing that can easily show the symptomatic area and allow full joint mobility of the joints above and below the location.
- Think about your pain to give the therapist a clear understanding of what is going on. You will be asked these questions so it could be helpful to take note of the answers prior to your PT appointment:
- When does your pain get worse? When is it at its best?
- Sitting? Standing? Walking? Bending? Transferring? Climbing stairs?
- What type of pain? Does it travel up or down?
- Burning, shooting, dull or aching, tingling?